TRAIN + BIKE service from La Rochelle to Hendaye this summer
This summer, more serenely trips
Due to significant peaks in summer, a bicycle zone will be set up from July 9 to August 28, 2022 in certain trains on the following lines:
- La Rochelle <> Bordeaux: line 15 ;
- Arcachon <> Bordeaux: line 41.2U ; service also provided on weekends in May, June, July and September
- Bordeaux <> Le Verdon : line 42 ; service also provided on weekends in June, July and September
- Bordeaux <> Hendaye : line 51.
Travellers to these four destinations will be able to take advantage of a service on board in some TER trains, to accommodate their bicycle in good conditions. Take your bike on board for free and without reservation for the whole summer!
This service is offered to travellers who wish to embark or disembark their bicycles at the following stations
- Bordeaux, Biganos, Arcachon
- Saintes, Rochefort, La Rochelle
- Bayonne, Dax, Hendaye
❕ The boarding and disembarkation of your bike in other stations is self-service and under your responsibility.
But how does it work?
Before boarding, cyclists will entrust their bikes to an agent who will take them to the dedicated bike zone of the TER.
Each train can accommodate up to 25 additional bicycles; the bicycle areas are marked with stickers on the carriage.
✔️ This service is free, without reservation, and accessible to all within the limits of available places
❌ Tandems, recumbents and trailers are not allowed on board. Remember to label your bike too!
And to keep young and old busy during train journeys, here is a colouring book of the region to download. Get your pencils ready!